Freshman - Welcome to Highland High School
quite like your first year of high school. A new world awaits, and the
Highland High School Counseling Department wants to help you make the
most of the experience. Welcome to the Hawk Family!
to high school may seem overwhelming and exciting all at the same time.
The counseling department is here to help you negotiate your first
year and actually all four years as part of the HHS Hawk Family. We
encourage you to make appointments with your counselor throughout the
year to discover options for sucess in high school and planning what
happens after high school.
Get to know your Counselor-
Counselors are assigned to students based on their last name and you
will have the same counselor throughout high school. You can schedule
an appointment with your counselor or if you have a quick question, come during our open door counseling hours.
Open Door Counseling Times:
This is a time for students to get quick answers to questions without making an appointment.
Before School 7:00-7:25
4th Hour Lunch 10:30- 11:00
5th Hour Lunch 12:00- 12:30
How to Schedule an Appointment with Your Counselor:
- Complete appointment request form in the Counseling Office
- Appointments will be scheduled upon availability of Counselor
- Counseling will send a pass to your class. Your teacher will distribute your pass.
- Appointments will be scheduled during an elective class as much as possible.
- You must sign in and out of the counselor logbook at the time of your appointment in order to be excused from class.